Menu
kduggie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin failed to succed in landline phone transfer, so demanded cancellation but being charged monthly

Hi, hoping this can be resolved to my satisfaction asap.

Since May time I have requested that Virgin cancel my phone line transfer and plan but this has not been done to date and I have been paying monthly for the bundle and line rental for a phone number i do not want and have never used. When i moved house in May Virgin failed to successfully transfer the phone no i have had for over 20 years and dispite numerous times on the phone to virgin and sky and bt it is clear nobody is taking responsibility to resolve this issue.

I expect Virgin to resolve my complaint and refund me for the money I have paid through DD relating to this issue. I only wish to keep broadband with Virgin.

AHoogy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin failed to succed in landline phone transfer, so demanded cancellation but being charged monthl

I'm in the same boat kduggie. Someone at Virgin failed to port my 20 year BT number over and keep washing their hands off it (apart from the obligatory/meaningless 'we're so sorry' messages). Nobody actually does anything. I'm off as soon as I can get out of my contract.

0 Kudos
kduggie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin failed to succed in landline phone transfer, so demanded cancellation but being charged monthl

Thats rubbish AHoogy!!! I will be contacting OFCOM to handle my complaint with VM if they do not resolve this quickly. In the meantine I intend to get DDI done at the bank as due about £200 back & attempt to make contact with them via webchat during their inconvenient opening times of 9-5 - their preferred method is calling them - they need to update their methods of communication inline with their consumers needs!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin failed to succed in landline phone transfer, so demanded cancellation but being charge...

Hi kduggie

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with trying to cancel your phone line at the moment.

Due to the nature of your query, I'd recommend giving our team a call so we can clear security with you to discuss this in more detail. You can reach them on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kduggie
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin failed to succed in landline phone transfer, so demanded cancellation but being charge...

Hi Craig_D

Thanks for your help so far. Yesterday I spent nearly 2hrs speaking with 2 of your colleagues and this is partially resolved, however, I couldn't wait any longer on the phone when a complaint handler was waiting on a manager to apply a 'dead lock' letter to my account and send to me  because this is not fully resolved to my satisfaction. To save me having to contact VM by phone yet again, could you confirm if this letter has been applied since you can see my account. Pls send me a PM to verify anything which will enable you to help me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi kduggie

Sorry again to learn about the trouble you've had in contacting our teams.

I'd love to be able to help but due to the nature of your query I'd need to ask that you give the team a call to discuss this, we're simply not able to confirm certain bits of information via the Community.

I am really sorry to have to ask you to do that after the trouble you've mentioned when calling previously and I'd love to hear how you get on.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos