Menu
Highlighted
Moomin1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Number Porting

Hi, I currently have a Virgin landline number that I want to keep. I also want to change provider but have been told that several new suppliers can't take on a Virgin number. These are providers on the BT network (Talk Talk, EE, Sky and Plus Net).

Does anyone know of any broadband and phone line providers who will take on the Virgin number? Someone has mentioned putting the number in the cloud and having the calls transferred but I don't understand any of this! Any help/advice would be gratefully received!!

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Number Porting

Hi Moomin1

Welcome to the Community, porting your telephone number isn't usually ISP specific but more area specific, are you moving home at all or just looking to change your provider? 

I'd recommend calling one of the potential new suppliers to ask directly, you should find there aren't any problems.

We'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Moomin1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying Craig!

The number is associated with our business and need to keep it (for obvious reasons!) our business address cannot have Virgin as it would mean digging up the car park and the land owners weren't too keen. We currently have the number at a different address and have it diverted which is costing quite a bit to do (as we have another phone line to accept the calls made to the Virgin number). We did this as we were told that the number belonged to Virgin and no other providers would be able to port it. I've tried contacting other providers who have advised me that they use the BT network and don't have an agreement with Virgin to take their numbers. Someone mentioned putting the number in the cloud but this is all alien to me and don't know how that would work!

Many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Moomin1

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, is the number registered as a residential line or a business line? 

Some numbers can't be ported for a few different reasons so it's possible you have one of those numbers, the best way is to call up potential new line providers to give them the number and they can check for you there and then.

Sorry I can't give a definitive answer, it entirely depends on information not accessible from my end.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Moomin1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its a residential number and we are still within half a mile of where it was originally installed. Think we may need to consider other options as each new supplier is telling me its not possible.

Thanks anyway!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about that Moomin1

I'll be here if there's anything we can assist with moving forward.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos