Menu
zen135
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media New Customer Query

Hello,

I'm thinking of getting Virgin Media Phone and Broadband service. If I get it installed this month (February), can I choose to port my current landline number over to Virgin from my current provider (Sky) in August, midway into the contract? Or, does it always have to be done at the beginning of the contract?

Also, could you please let me know how the landline number porting process works from Sky to Virgin? For e.g., if my installation date is on 15th Feb, does Virgin ask Sky to automatically cease the line on the 15th and they port the number across? What would happen if for some reason (access, etc.) Virgin cannot then carry out the installation on that day? Would my existing line with Sky still terminate automatically on that day as per Virgin's instruction to them, irrespective of whether Virgin has taken over the number yet?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Media New Customer Query

Hi zen135

Welcome to the Community, as long as the line is active then you'll be able to request the number is ported to your Virgin account.

As for how it works, ask our team to get things sorted and they'll arrange for your Sky number to be ceased on the day it's due to be ported to us. It's important that the line is fully active for us to port the line, so if you begin the cancellation process with your current provider it can make it difficult.

Giive our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line so that we can get the ball rollingMan Happy.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi zen135

Welcome to the Community, as long as the line is active then you'll be able to request the number is ported to your Virgin account.

As for how it works, ask our team to get things sorted and they'll arrange for your Sky number to be ceased on the day it's due to be ported to us. It's important that the line is fully active for us to port the line, so if you begin the cancellation process with your current provider it can make it difficult.

Giive our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line so that we can get the ball rollingMan Happy.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

zen135
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Craig, that's very helpful.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us zen135,

Please feel free to let us know if we can help with anything more.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos