Menu
Paul_G
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Box broken into, no phone line!

Ok so I've noticed today that I've got no dial tone and apparently it's been like this for a couple of days as we didn't know because we don't get many calls to our home phone (they would rather call our mobiles) :/

Anyways I've reported it and I've now got to wait until friday (end of the week) for somebody to come and sort the problem out, my main concern with this is we will be without a main line phone for all that time and what makes it worse is that I've just noticed that somebody has broken into the main virgin box in our road and looks like they have had a right good old time in it (something I didn't notice until after my call to virgin support) Would this be something that could get somebody out a bit sooner as it could end up affecting all the virgin customers in the street?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Box broken into, no phone line!

Hi Paul_G

I'm really sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment, that being said I'm glad to hear that an engineer is scheduled to come and take a closer look and I'd love to hear how that goes.

Prior to the visit, the engineer will check the external connection so if the issues with the cabinet are affecting your service, he'll get that sorted too. If for any reason the cabinet isn't sorted after the visit, get in touch and I'll arrange for that to happen.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this issue is causing, we're looking forward to hearing how it goes. 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Paul_G
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thanks for your response ..

I contacted Virgin again yesterday in regards to the issue with the external cabinet being broken into and the door wide open allowing the elements and every tom, dick & harry to access it and I was informed an engineers visit was booked for today (Booking reference: 12222661) but as usual nobody has turned up? If I had no mobile then I would be well and truly up the creek without a paddle. I can guarantee this is the reason we have no phone line so will I be compensated for the total loss of my phone service?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry to hear this Paul_G,

I've located your account and I can see that a separate engineer appointment has been arranged for you.

Let me know if I can help with anything more in the meantime,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Paul_G
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding ..

Fault rectified today and as thought it was down to the external cabinet and not my phone. Iv'e been without a working home phone line for 5 days so will I be compensated for loss of service?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me about this Paul_G,

Great to hear that this has been sorted. Smiley Happy

I've sent you a private message so that we can discuss account-specific information further.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know