Menu
Rosizt
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Viewing calls under 50p

On my online bill, i cannot view details of my calls under 50p, yet they account for almost half my call charges.  Next to it is a message 'Calls below £0.50 - for details of calls please contact us'  if i click on that button it takes you to the generic contact page where you have an array of topics to choose from drop down menus, none of which refer to itemised calls/calls under 50p etc. ... 

So I am guessing i just need to call the customer services number (chat is closed on sundays).  This involves lengthy wait times and pressing your way through a call centre system.  I think this is somewhat unethical and untoward that you have to go through such hoops to find out what you are being charged for each month.  Does anyone know of an easier way to view my calls (under 50p) please?  and is it within consumer law to make it so difficult to do this?

p.s apologies, as a newbie i posted in the wrong forum previously (Getting Started) but not sure how to move it to this forum, so pasted and reposted.  Sorry for double posting, it is not a very easy to use service if not used before :-(

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Viewing calls under 50p

Yes, you will have to ring up to get billing altered to fully itemised format. Most of the bigger telco operators standard bills have the 50p cut off, so VM is certainly not the odd one out. In fact, until a while ago, there was an additional charge to provide fully itemised billing.

See item 5.3 of VM's Customer Code of Practice:

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/pdf/code_of_practice.pdf

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Rosizt
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Nodrogd.  

I have always requested the service anyway, but when finances became tight and my package was downgraded to the cheapest possible, they removed that function again, despite me asking to keep it.  I will try requesting again (there is no point in time when I DIDN't want fully itemised calls) but the last time I went through the hour long misery of a call centre it was a waste of time as the service never appeared (I was told it may be up to 4 weeks - that was 3 months ago!!)...but will try again.  I reiterate my concern that this option is made so very very difficult, yet removed so easily.  I have read the reference to it in the code of practice you kindly provided, and it does not mention the feature being removed every time any amendment is made to my service, nor does it say how it should be time consuming, difficult and unreliable to try to reinstate.  Sorry to sound so peeved , but I am somewhat exasperated with this!    Cat Mad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: viewing calls under 50p

Rosizt wrote:

So I am guessing i just need to call the customer services number (chat is closed on sundays).  This involves lengthy wait times and pressing your way through a call centre system.
Billing support, which is what you'd go with for this matter, generally has next to no on hold time. Once a detail check step is done, go with option 1 (Billing) then go with sub-option 3 ("For information on you bill and payments.") It is the faults support option (option 2) which has the sometimes very long on hold delays. In the past I've been on hold for up to an hour with the faults option Cat Sad But the billing option has always been prompt to get through to whenever I've used it.

I think this is somewhat unethical and untoward that you have to go through such hoops to find out what you are being charged for each month.  Does anyone know of an easier way to view my calls (under 50p) please?
You'd need to tell VM that you want the itemization threshold changed to "1p and above." Otherwise they won't know that you want that info.

and is it within consumer law to make it so difficult to do this?

They provide you with a easy and free way to get that information shown, so technically they aren't making it difficult. From the point of picking up the phone to getting through to an agent in billing support it can be done in less than 20 seconds. If there was no way to see that information with VM and there was no 150 free calls, then you could of course make that argument.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rosizt

Sorry to learn about the difficulties you've been experiencing lately, as you've had issues in trying to get this sorted, I'd like to look at escalating this from our end for you.

If you've not already given the team a call to get your bills as you want, respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information and I'll get someone on it right away.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused, we'll speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide