Menu
Walter
Up to speed
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VM land line free voice mail

I have a VM land line and have called VM to have the voice free mail option turned off and the agent has confirmed that the Voice mail is turned off but it is still active.

If I dial 1571 I still get an VM voicemail announcement!

How can I get VM to turn it off completely?

Walter

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VM land line free voice mail

Hi there Walter, 

I'd like to start by thanking you for you post, and yes this is a pretty strange occurrence. I've double checked things on your line, and can see that the diverts have been removed, and that the voicemail codes had been removed from the account. 

I double checked with our back office team, to see if there was anything on the switch which would explain, and was advised that they could see that the mail box was still showing. This would normally be removed when the diverts are taken off.

On occasions the mailbox may remain on the line, and dialing 1571 will continue to keep the mailbox open. I would suggest that if you want to check if voicemail is no longer on the line, rather than dialing 1571, call your landline from another line, this way you will find out what callers get, and if they don't get to leave a message, then you know you won't have anything to listen to.

Hope this helps, let me know if you continue to have any concerns. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Walter, 

I'd like to start by thanking you for you post, and yes this is a pretty strange occurrence. I've double checked things on your line, and can see that the diverts have been removed, and that the voicemail codes had been removed from the account. 

I double checked with our back office team, to see if there was anything on the switch which would explain, and was advised that they could see that the mail box was still showing. This would normally be removed when the diverts are taken off.

On occasions the mailbox may remain on the line, and dialing 1571 will continue to keep the mailbox open. I would suggest that if you want to check if voicemail is no longer on the line, rather than dialing 1571, call your landline from another line, this way you will find out what callers get, and if they don't get to leave a message, then you know you won't have anything to listen to.

Hope this helps, let me know if you continue to have any concerns. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Walter
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I called my VM land line from another line and my land line rang for about 30 seconds then I get the VM voice mail saying I cannot leave a message please call later. Is it possible to have that message turned off as I believe that message is causing the 1571 light on my hand set to flash and the only way to stop it flashing is to call 1571 and get the message that there are no messages and the 1571 light stops flashing?

Walter

0 Kudos