Menu
VJSMITH0443
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VIRGIN MEDIA HOME PHONE

Switched from SKY to Virgin on Friday 27th Nov, TV, BROADBAND & HOME PHONE.

TV fine, Broadband fine, Home phone, line dead, no dialling tone, can't ring out. Tried ringing the number from mobile, although it sounds like it's ringing on the mobile, it doesn't ring at home.

The installer did mention I might be without a phone a short time, 2 days seems too long.

Any ideas??

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIRGIN MEDIA HOME PHONE

Hi there VJSMITH0443, 

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums, and of course to Virgin Media. I'm really sorry to learn that your phone line has not been working since the point of install and I'd really like to help you out. 

I've run some testing on the line and can see no reason why this should not be working for you right now, so I'd like to look into booking a technician to call out and investigate further for you. 

I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a blue envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
VJSMITH0443
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Latest news.................Engineer failed to turn up within the allotted time, so I booked again for today, but have now since found out, Virgin have no record of today's appointment. Therefore decided to book an engineer for a third time, only to receive a pop up advising no appointments can be made on line, and suggests I ring 150 from my home phone!!!!I HAVEN'T GOT A WORKING HOME PHONE.

So I have decided to dump Virgin Media for my phone, and wondered if anyone knows if would be a problem cancelling at this stage

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi VJSMITH0443

I'm sorry to hear about these issues, to give our team a call you can dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone line, if you wanted to speak with us urgently. 

As for the issues with your phone, I'd really like to help to get t the bottom of this if you're interested. If so, respond to the private message I've sent to get the ball rolling and I'll see what I can do.

Sorry again for the inconvenience you've experienced recently, it's really not what we want. I look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos