Menu
Highlighted
stiggo46
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading handset

Do I need VoIP handsets [as a new phone package customer ] to replace existing 3 conventional home phones, in order to achieve a normal functioning telephone system?Should they be provide as part of my new contract [as yet signed] ?-no mention of this by sales team !!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrading handset

Hi stiggo46,

Welcome to the community.

No you can use any normal handset and this should work fine with your telephone line.

If you're experiencing any problems please let us know.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi stiggo46,

In reply to your private message you should of had a separate Virgin Media socket installed which would be different to your BT socket and TV and broadband connection.

We're not currently using VoIP at the moment but we're looking into this for the future.

Thank you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi stiggo46,

Welcome to the community.

No you can use any normal handset and this should work fine with your telephone line.

If you're experiencing any problems please let us know.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi stiggo46,

In reply to your private message you should of had a separate Virgin Media socket installed which would be different to your BT socket and TV and broadband connection.

We're not currently using VoIP at the moment but we're looking into this for the future.

Thank you

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
stiggo46
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that .It is what I was expecting to happen but engineer was adamant [I rang up about it] that, after checking my account and line, I am now actually connected to a Virgin line following transfer of my retained telephone number from Plusnet with whom I was previously contracted for phone and broadband services.Any observations on this ?

Also,given what you say ,is it the case that my TV and broadband connections are both through the existing fibre cable connection serving the property via the internal junction box in my lounge room?
0 Kudos