Menu
tosca16
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unreliable phone service

Are others having similar problems recently with the phone service? for the last month or so, not a week has gone by without us having at least one significant outage (several hours to a whole day) of our landline. When I run the online diagnostic tool, it says 'no fault', when I then ring on my mobile and enter the landline number - it says 'there is a fault' and books an engineer. Then, the engineer appointment is cancelled 'as they have found an area fault'. This has happened - identically - 5 or 6 times in a row now. When I do speak to 'a real person' they are unaware there is a problem and seem to have no record of it! Apart from the tedium of having to go through this time and again, I'm  paying for line rental (which I don't want) to have a service that is wholly unreliable and with no resolution in sight, it seems. Judging by the volume of 'line not working' posts on here is there some broader issue? I've been a VM customer for years, without real issue - but of late the phone service (and associated customer service) seems to have disintegrated?!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unreliable phone service

Hi Tosca16

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your telephone service recently.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this for you, we're seeing no problems in your local area at the moment and as a result, I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come, with a manual booking from our end for you. I'll also include notes letting the engineers in your area know what's been happening, to save this happening again.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message,which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos