Menu
katiekea
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to receive calls

I am not impressed by Virgin Media at all so far .. I moved from Sky at the end of January and am still having problems with my phone line. Since my phone line was ported I have been unable to receive calls to my landline ( I can make outgoing calls though). Having reported this to Virgin I then had to wait nearly 2 weeks for an engineer. He was due to turn up today, so i left work early so that I was in when they called and guess what?! No one turned up.

I have spent the last 40 minutes on the phone to Virgin to try and find out what is going on. During my phone call I was transferred 5 TIMES to talk to 5 different people!! And each time I had to restate who I was, what the problem was, etc, etc. This is really frustrating, poor customer service and not acceptable.

Finally, I have got another engineer appointment booked for Friday. However, that means another day when I have to work from home and another 4 days without a working phone. I hope this time the engineer turns up and actually sorts out my problem. So I will have been without a properly working phone for 3 weeks and I'm wondering now why on earth I bothered switching companies! I wish I'd stayed with Sky!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to receive calls

Really sorry to hear about all of this katiekea,

I've had a look at the work order and I can confirm that a new appointment has been booked in for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can confirm the date/time for this.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
katiekea
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Nat_J. I've just messaged you. Hopefully this can all be resolved on Friday when the engineer comes out.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fab thanks katiekea,

I've also got back to you via private mail.

As mentioned in my post, it may be worth completing some checks, such as, disconnecting/reconnecting the landline from the Virgin socket and testing different equipment to see if this provides any change for you leading up to your appointment.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos