Menu
markjw
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to port number away from Virgin - incorrect CUPID code

Hi,

Trying to port my 0208 582 xxxx number to another provider, however they are getting the port refused with the Communications Provider Identity (CUPID) code being incorrect.

I've now spoken to Virgin's customer services twice and they deny all knowledge of these CUPID codes and say they don't exist (they do, they are allocated to Virgin by OFCOM)

I need this resolved as I am now paying both Virgin and my new provider for phone service and can't cancel the Virgin service until the port is completed.

Thanks, Mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to port number away from Virgin - incorrect CUPID code

Hi markjw,

Thanks for your post on the Forum, sorry to hear that you are going to a different provider and having problems porting your number over.

I'm not able to access your account details in order to check this for you. This isn't something that is easily available--it isn't on your account for Customer Services to check--so I'll need to get in touch with our Telephony Operations Centre for you.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so I can look into this for you. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to port number away from Virgin - incorrect CUPID code

Hi markjw,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your number port, as I haven't received a response from you yet.

If you would like for me to look into this further for you, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos