Menu
accipiter
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to make calls, incoming line contnually rings busy

I have had this problem for around 3 weeks now.  The line has been crackly for some time, but suddenly developed a fault where no outgoing calls could be made, line was completely dead. The line just rings busy when calling from an external number.

Logged a fault and had to wait 5 days for an engineer to attend, despite advising that the line is mostly for use by my disabled mother.

Engineer turned up. Supposedly fixed it. Worked for a few hours then the next day the problem re-occurred.

Logged a fault again, was told I'd have to wait another 5 days for an engineer. Told them it wasn't good enough. Operative on the end of the phone said she'd speak to the area manager. Waited on the phone and she told me that somebody would be out that day. Waited in. Nobody turned up. Phoned back at 18:55 and was told that nobody had passed the message on. They said somebody would be out the next day.

Engineer duly turned up the next day "fixed" the problem and left. A week and a half later the problem is back again.

I'm getting understandably irritated by this. Failure to a) a seeming inability to correctly diagnose the problem and b) resolve the problem properly.

Has anyone had a similar issue and does anyone have a direct number for someone I can call apart from their useless and irritating automated service line that keeps cutting off my Virgin Mobile.

Failing that, anyone got any tips on the best alternatives to Virgin as that's where I think this is heading.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to make calls, incoming line contnually rings busy

Hi accipiter

Welcome to the Virgin Community, I am so sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your phone line lately and I'd like to see what I can do to help speed to process of resolving the problem up.

I've not been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end unfortunately, to allow me to do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent you?

You can view that message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page, I'll take a look and see what I can do right away then.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused, we'll speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
accipiter
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

I'm afraid it's gone a bit beyond that now. I've been messed about by your support so much I'm off to your head offices in Hook this morning to demand to speak to someone senior. The customer service I've received has been a total disgrace,

The last attempt to fix the fault (on Tuesday) resulted in the phone working for an hour before the fault re-occurring,

I have had enough of contacting your support line, having this treated as a new fault each time, waiting while some tech support chap runs another set of tests. Then tells me it will be another 6 days before anyone can visit. The fault first occurred on 17th December.

This has made me behave in a way I'm not particularly happy with on the phone to your support teams, as I think some of them cop a lot of flak unfairly having to bear the brunt of customer frustration, but I am at the end of my tether.

I began posting about this on your Facebook page some time ago, to be fair like others they tried to help. Advised me to e-mail [content removed].

I relayed the story in an e-mail. They said they'd contacted the field service manager and someone would be in touch within 24 hours. Was I surprised nobody got back to me. Of course not.

So I e-mailed again, and posted on Facebook that I would be visiting your head office today. They replied and said someone would be in touch ASAP. Righto. No surprise I heard diddly squat after that.

So in about 45 minutes I'll be setting off. That isn't intended to be a threat and there is need for concern, I just feel it's time to take this higher and as all I do is get fobbed off trying to phone anyone, somebody senior is going to have to speak to me face to face.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. To send a Private Message (PM) please click the envelope icon (top right). Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi accipiter

I'm so sorry to learn about the continued problems you're experiencing, I've been able to talk with our team and can see that the engineering manager in your area has been contacted about this issue. I can also see it's being actively chased today so fingers crossed, we'll see some movement on this as soon as possible.

I can understand your frustration and again I apologise not only for the phone line, but for the service you've experienced. It's really not something we want for you, or any of our customers. 

I'm confident the individual you're speaking with via email will help get to the bottom of this, I'm sorry again for the issues. 

I'd love to hear how it goes once plans have been set to get this resolved. 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
accipiter
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI Craig

Thanks very much. It does seem to have been resolved now (fingers crossed). The engineer found the root of the problem and swapped a cable. Can't be faulted. As I said, I don't blame the previous engineers for not finding it, it wasn't an obvious fault as it turned out.

As it's the first phone problem I've ever had, hopefully it will be the last.. 

It's also a big relief because I really didn't want to have to switch to BT or, and I shudder at the thought of it, Sky.

It's easy to look at customer service overall and be critical of it, but the individuals working within the system are not always helped by the system or its complexity.

So credit where it's due to both the chaps I spoke to at different times on the phone and who bore the brunt of my frustration. They were both helpful and deserve credit for the way they handle difficult calls. I hope I wasn't too obnoxious.

Also, the Facebook team, your social media team and yourself for your part in trying to help resolve this sooner. I regret that it got to the stage it did.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi accipiter

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me about this, I'm really glad to hear that your phone line is working as it should. 

I really appreciate your kind words too, if you need any assistance with your services moving forward you know where to find us.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos