Menu
lesDalfen
Joining in
Message 1 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Unable to make and receive calls, I have checked everything on troubleshooting but still no phone

Unable to make and receive calls, I have checked everything on troubleshooting but still no phone line but i have got broadband connection. can you check my line. thanks

Les Dalfen

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to make and receive calls, I have checked everything on troubleshooting but still no p...

Hey Les Dalfen

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to hear about the issues with your phone line.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line for you, at the moment we're seeing no detectable issues from our end.

Are you able to test the handset at all? By trying an alternate handset or your handset in an alternate line?

Look forward to your response

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
LynneSmith
Joining in
Message 3 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to make and receive calls, I have checked everything on troubleshooting but still no p...

I'm having the same prob.. Iv tried other phones, bypassed the filter still nothing ... What else can I do.. This has been going on since 22nd Jan

0 Kudos
tetleyteabag
Joining in
Message 4 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully your problem is sorted but I have had this problem a number of times. When I contact the repairs desk I am told that the problem must be my phone or something within my house, yet when the engineer arrives they tell me that my line has been unplugged in their box in the road and someone else's put in it's place. Every time it's been the fault of another engineer. Once, I was offline for nine days and had to use my mobile to keep chasing Virgin Media and making calls but when I asked about compensation I was given £2.36 as this was "proportionate to my service package". If I wanted to claim any further amount I would have to send in copies of mobile phone bills but was told that it would be unlikely that I would receive any more refund.

0 Kudos
tetleyteabag
Joining in
Message 5 of 38
Flag for a moderator

PS. I now have trouble with my Broadband and Virgin have just swapped my new Superhub 2 box and it is still slow. More calls to make. Having said this, I am willing to stay with them as I do find customer services easy to talk to. For now anyway.
0 Kudos
Bill99
Joining in
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator

All hand phones same not been able to try another line
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hello Bill99, 

I am sorry to hear that your phone line is not working as it should at the moment, and would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums. 

As you have already tested the handset, I think the best thing to do now is book someone to call out and take a look at things for you, as the testing I have done has shown no reason why you should have no service. 

I have sent you a private message in order to get the wheels in motion, please look to the top left hand side of this page where you will see a red envelope icon, click on this and you will see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
yvette-jane
Joining in
Message 8 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

I have the same problem as Les Dalfen but am getting frustrated at not being able to contact anyone to report it and get it fixed.

I have been unable to use my phone for about 3 weeks now.

I recently transferred from Sky and I did not ever have a problem with the phone line with them.

Please, please would you help me?

Thanks,

Yvette

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hey Yvette

Sorry to learn about this problem, I'd be glad to help. 

I've been able to locate your account and run a few tests on the line for you. We're seeing no issues from our end at the moment. 

Have you been able to test the handset? By trying an alternate handset or your handset on an alternate line?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RobbieD
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig I, too, am unable to make or receive phone calls - I have tried another handset, but to no avail. Broadband has not been affected. Please advise - many thanks.
0 Kudos