Menu
Blott
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Two numbers on my line, neither work properly

I recently changed to virgin phone. I was given a temporary number, apparently my old (BT) number should be transferred tomorrow. After dialling my mobile, the line appears to have two numbers which switch about every few minutes. When I call any number, eg mobile, or a friend, it says the person is on the phone, but I know they're not! When I call my mobile, it says phone is switched off even though it's ringing in front of me! Help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Two numbers on my line, neither work properly

Hi Blott

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and can see you've been able to contact the team and arrange for a member of the team to take a closer look, which is excellent news.

I'd love to hear how you get on and we'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Blott
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I don't have an engineer's appointment until Saturday 20th August, is there any way I can get one earlier? I wish I hadn't left BT!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Blott

Thanks for the response, I've checked your area and the appointment you have is the soonest available at the moment.

I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Blott
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Very disappointing. Not a good start. And it's not even my fault.

0 Kudos
Blott
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to contact BT in the morning, to see if they can reinstate my service shortly. I will feel more confident.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing Blott, it's certainly not the service we want for you.

I'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

0 Kudos
Blott
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, Craig, but I'm not sure what you mean? I AM asking for assistance!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Blott

Apologies for the confusion, I meant that as there's not a sooner available appointment, I'll be here should you need any assistance after the engineer has visited.

I'd also love to hear how it goes

Craig

0 Kudos