Menu
BodyGuard
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Truncated Ring Tone when called

Following Caller ID initiation incoming Ring Tone truncated and noise on the line. Engineer called: line check OK. Access switch config fault??

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
BodyGuard
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Truncated Ring Tone when called

Hello Huw,

Engineer is arranged for next Monday.  Other thing is only local/mobile call numbers appear on caller ID. Any out of area in UK do not, Also overseas do not, in particular Australia/Holland/Spain. Base unit of my phone rigs fine, handsets do not, but test out OK, and have worked at our previous Spanish address perfectly. We are on Fixed radio Access for Broadband and phone in Spain. I guess the other option is to remove caller ID and check ring status then?

Regards,

BodyGuard

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there BodyGuard, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that things haven't been hunky dory since you had Caller ID placed on the line. 

I've taken a look at things on the switch and all seems fine to be honest, so my only option now would be to arrange for another technician to call out. One final test you could do your end would be to try another phone on the line, just to make sure it's not the phone that's causing the fault.

Caller ID is the only feature which may require a technician, as it can experience issues at the local cabinet, where the port may well be fine for just normal calls, the addition of Caller ID could present issues which were previously unseen. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving with this, so please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
BodyGuard
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Huw,

Engineer is arranged for next Monday.  Other thing is only local/mobile call numbers appear on caller ID. Any out of area in UK do not, Also overseas do not, in particular Australia/Holland/Spain. Base unit of my phone rigs fine, handsets do not, but test out OK, and have worked at our previous Spanish address perfectly. We are on Fixed radio Access for Broadband and phone in Spain. I guess the other option is to remove caller ID and check ring status then?

Regards,

BodyGuard

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi BodyGuard. 

Thanks for coming back and letting me know about the technician booking. 

I'd be interested in hearing how this goes. It is strange to hear that only local calls display a number, where as national numbers don't. International calls don't normally come up with a number,  I know when members of my family lived abroad, when ever they called, it would come up as International or Unavailable.  

I'm not sure of how phones in Spain plug into the socket, do you need to use an adapter when plugging the same phone into the UK socket? If so, it may be worth trying a new adapter too. 

As I say, I'll be keen to hear how things go after the technicain's visit. 

Cheers. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
BodyGuard
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Huw,

Most switches in Spain are Ericsson, at least they are in Andalucia. I used the same UK phone as I have now and expected to use a capacitive lead. However that was not necessary; standard rj11 lead worked fine.  It was VOIP, straight out of the modem, and all calls from wherever came up on caller id. I notice that the engineer connected two wire signaling/speech here. Hope that doesn't     affect my fax when connected

0 Kudos