Menu
HARRYH38
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Trouble getting engineers who know what they are doing.

Since joining virgin over 6 months ago i have complained about a crackling phone line because of water in the jointing box.  2 days ago the ninth engineer visited and ripped out the telephone line and left me with no broadband or phone.  Yesterday the tenth one came and as before said he wasnt equiped to do it, despite a detailed online chat with 'Saddam' who assured us the engineer would be fully equiped to do the job. The last engineer said he had no record of any details and had no equipment to do the required work and disappeared.  

I am 83 years old and only have broadband and landline and my bills total £387 for 6 months of crackling telephone line and interruptions of no phone at all.   My wife died 1 month ago and I have had no way of contacting my family and have felt really isolated and it is so complicated to get through to someone when you have no landline or internet is virtually impossible.  

I feel like leaving but have no idea if I am in a 12 month contract or 18 month contract.

Is there a postal address where i can write a letter explaining my difficulties and so I feel someone is actually taking note of the fault details.  A lot of the website has no way of addressing my specific problem.  Communication for a communication company is poor and maybe VIRGIN is a good name for your engineers.  Send me some who are experienced. 

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Trouble getting engineers who know what they are doing.

By post
It’s not as quick, but if you’d prefer to send us a letter, you can write to
us at Complaints, Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea,
SA7 9ZJ.
Your letter will be acknowledged within 48 hours of receipt and we
aim to resolve all written complaints within 28 days of receipt.
By email
Visit virginmedia.com/contact and select Make a complaint.
When you send us an email, remember to include your account
details and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

taken from the complaints code of practice -> http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic... since getting reply via the forum community admin team can take around 3 days.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

standard answer above - think it needs quicker action than that - have flagged it to a mod - they may or may not get to the thread quicker - not something i can guarantee 

Tony
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

By post
It’s not as quick, but if you’d prefer to send us a letter, you can write to
us at Complaints, Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea,
SA7 9ZJ.
Your letter will be acknowledged within 48 hours of receipt and we
aim to resolve all written complaints within 28 days of receipt.
By email
Visit virginmedia.com/contact and select Make a complaint.
When you send us an email, remember to include your account
details and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

taken from the complaints code of practice -> http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic... since getting reply via the forum community admin team can take around 3 days.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

standard answer above - think it needs quicker action than that - have flagged it to a mod - they may or may not get to the thread quicker - not something i can guarantee 

Tony
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

flagging it seems a waste of time - i think the system was broken the other week - will try again

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi HARRYH38

I really do apologise for the ongoing experience you have had regarding the phone services with us. I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your wife too. Please accept my condolences.

I appreciate you have had multiple visits regarding this and I will be taking a look at the account for you to see what has been going on over the duration of the problem with the noisy crackling on the line.

For me to do this I'm going to send a private message to get some details from you. It would be lovely if you were able to get back to me on this for me to support you further. You can find this in the purple envelope next to you forum name.

I do hope to hear back from you soon.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
HARRYH38
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have wrote a letter and still not sorted.  I have stopped my direct debit lets see how soon they sort it out not they are not getting paid.  2 engineers turned up today took a photo of the hole and left and did not even call in the house. 

Yours disgustedly.

Harry hall

0 Kudos