Menu
talpa
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Transferring landline SSE to Virgin

Hi,

Hoping for some help. My Mum currently has landline via SSE and a bundle of broadband+landline via Virgin Media.

As far as I know the landline in the Virgin bundle remains unused. Can I transfer the SSE number to this Virgin landline?

Now here's the question where I'm sure there'll be many eyes rolling but I don't have any idea how these things work so bear with me. Would there need to be any rewiring of the phone lines to make this possible? I'm guessing that Virgin have their own phone cable entering the house and then there's the old (originally BT line) phone line that is paid for via SSE coming in.

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
bromham
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring landline SSE to Virgin

Yes, you can transfer the SSE number to your unused Virgin Media line.  You'll need to ask SSE for a PAC (Port Authorisation Code) number and give this to VM.

Further details at http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=4557

There will have to be some rewiring because you'll need to connect your telephone handset to the master socket provided by Virgin instead of the socket provided by BT.

bromham
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Apologies: the VM page I referred you to is actually for porting a mobile number.  However, the principle is similar and you can port a landline number to Virgin if you wish.

talpa
Just joined
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Bromham for your replies. That's very helpful. I have a feeling I know where the VM socket is so I'll do a quick test when I'm there next week. 

Thanks again Smiley Happy

0 Kudos