Menu
hb2
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tone Caller does not work

I have purchased a BT 4-Tone loud indoor telephone ringer to boost the ring sound for my mother who is hard of hearing.  It does not ring when connected to the Virgin phone socket (ex NTL).  The phone connected to the socket does ring..  Is this equipment not compatible with the virgin socket?  Do I need a specfic connector?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tone Caller does not work

Hey hb2

I'm sorry to learn about the problems with your ring booster at the moment, I've had a quick search online and I can't see why the product wouldn't work with the line.

As your phone works without the ringer, would you be able to try the booster on another line? Just to check that it's functional.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi hb2,

I'm just checking back with you to see if you have been able to test the ring booster on a different line to verify it's working.

Please let us know how you get on with this.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
hb2
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. 

I have tried the ringer on another line and it did ring there - just not on the Virgin line.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi hb2,

It may be that this booster isn't compatible with a Virgin Media line. I will check with our technicians to see if there's anything further we can suggest and get back to you.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi hb2,

Looking into this further, if the booster works on a BT line, it should work on your mother's Virgin Media line. 

I'll need to take more information about this so we can investigate this further. I'll pop a private message over to you requesting the details I need. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this screen.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
hb2
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Update - after discussion using private messaging and a visit from an engineer the problem is resolved.  The tone caller needed more power from the socket.  It turned out we had an extension socket rather than a master socket and it was slightly lower powered.  The engineer swapped it for a master socket and the tone caller now rings.

On the down side the tone caller is not that loud.  Most modern digital phones could match its volume these days so I don't know that I would recommend the tone caller as a solution for someone who is hard of hearing.

Thanks for the virgin responses and the engineer for solving this. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos