Menu
Richardorna
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

The other person has cleared messages

We are constantly getting messages on our answerphone saying 'the other person has clear' when someone calls but then hangs up before leaving a message. Funnily enough, I was just on the phone to Virgin technical support talking about this issue when they person I was speaking to hung up on me, possibly by accident, and I was left listening to the same awful message: the other person has cleared. Please can someone help?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: The other person has cleared messages

Are there any other extensions in the house (even ones with nothing plugged into them), or old handsets in use, as these can cause this problem.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Richardorna
Joining in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply. There are other phone sockets with nothing plugged in. Is there something I need to do to these to fix the issue?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Richardorna, 

Firstly I would like to welcome you to the forums and say that I am sorry to hear that you have been getting this message on your voicemail, and also when the call dropped the other day. 

I would like to ask if people are able to leave messages on the voicemail at all?

Please let me know

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Richardorna
Joining in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw, thanks for your reply. People are able to leave messages. It's just that when people hang up without leaving a message we get a message saying 'the other person has cleared'.

Please can you help?

Richard
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Richardorna, 

Thank you for coming back to me, I have asked our second line agents to take a look at the phone line and they can not see any obvious issues on the line. 

This type of error happens when the call is not terminated correctly on both ends. AS this is happening on all calls, it would appear to be an issue your end rather than the people who are calling you, so I would now have to ask you to try another phone on the line in order to eliminate the phone being the cause of the fault. 

Please let me know how you get on. 

Thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
progers
Superfast
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

BT are in the process of reducing the time that a called subscriber is held, this is to reduce so called vishing scams.  It may be that this is causing your message which is a normal Telecomms system message and nothing to worry about.

VM Services: Broadband 100 with SH3 in router mode ~ TV M+ & 1Tb TiVo ~ Phone XL
0 Kudos
Melv
Just joined
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I have just had the same problem - Virgin very helpful in resolving it. I have an IPhone 6 - issue related to a 'half-moon' shaped symbol that was tuned on accidentally.

That needs turning off - press big button at bottom of phone, then swipe up. If 'half-moon' symbol is illuminated then tap it to disable. Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
progers
Superfast
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

The half moon shape on an iPhone is "Do not disturb" to stop the phone ringing at defined times
VM Services: Broadband 100 with SH3 in router mode ~ TV M+ & 1Tb TiVo ~ Phone XL
0 Kudos
Richardorna
Joining in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hello, I don't think this iPhone issue is related to the problem I reported. Thanks for the comments though, I will try another handset when I can and let you know how I get on.
0 Kudos