Menu
Mick821
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Telephone socket

I'm soon switching from sky to virgin. I have however replaced all the sockets in my new build property to chrome, and I'm aware once I have my installation there is a possibility they may need to use a virgin telephone socket. My house when I moved in already had virgin ready to go or so I was told...does that mean the phone line which my sky is plugged in to will just convert from bt to virgin or will the blank plate which I have on my wall be for virgin? If that is for virgin do you think I could purchase a further chrome fitting which the engineer would install rather than a white virgin socket. I could probably swap the sockets round blank plate to telephone line which I already have but I'm just thinking about preserving the bt phone line in case I ever switch back. I do not have a master bt socket which I've seen on other threads. Any help is appreciated. I don't want a white sockets if I can help it thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone socket

All properties should have a Master socket somewhere which you're not supposed to touch for either BT or Virgin Media as it's their property.

For Virgin Media they will fit their own white master socket if one doesn't already exist. However you can normally choose where this goes, so should be able to choose a location where it's out of sight. You could then run an extension wire to a secondary chrome socket elsewhere in your home.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Mick821
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I definitely have never had a BT master socket in my house, just regular phone lines sockets. Had two which I've since removed. And just have the one chrome downstairs. Will the engineer be able to use the back box which has already been fitted? Like I say when i got the house I was advised virgin was already connected and I can see wires running in to the house at the front which I assume are virgins.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mick821,

Big welcome to the Community!

Great to hear that you're looking to take up our services!

As mentioned by BenMcr, we will ensure that your property is fully installed to support the services you require.

Feel free to give the team a call to discuss this further on 150 free from any Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 on any other line.  
Alternatively, you can chat to our online team via: [Contact us].

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos