Menu
Adebass
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Telephone only allows Virgin incoming

Here's a thing after a switch to Virgin Saturday I can only receive calls from Other Virgin landlines other calls do not connect to my phone . The muppets at Virgin do not have a solution. Anyone know why this is happening?
0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone only allows Virgin incoming

No I don't know why this is happening, and it's probably not the best way to elicit a helpful response by insulting VM staff.

0 Kudos
hubbs91
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like the Number port has not been completed by the previous provider so calls are not routing off their network so all you get is the calls on the local exchange form VM... The vm team should be passing tp their porting desk to check...
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

HI Adebass

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment. 

I've located your account to take a closer look at this from our end and I can see you've got an appointment for an engineer to come and take a closer look later this week. 

We'd love to hear how it goes and I'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
hubbs91
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It should not need a tech if he is able to to receive local calls and make calls. A tech will only be able to confirm the local tramsition elements of the line which are fine if he can get/.make calls. it sounds as a recent move 98% likely to be a port in issue or 2% a POE exchange issue from information given.
0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My background is mobile comms rather than fixed-line so I'm not sure how routing is done in the VM/BT world - but the port-in theory would be quite feasible.

Also agreed that if the OP is receiving calls ok from "on-net" but not "off-net", that should ring alarm bells with VM's fault-script. Unfortunately when someone is rude/borderline abusive with their comments - details like this get missed.

0 Kudos
hubbs91
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I agree 100% to the OP choose of words not being wise..

When I was in VM the script we devoplved for 1st and 2nd line associates should have sent them down the possibble porting issue route. We even had a bt line in the office to make test calls and alo used to jump on the local exchanges where we had test numbers to again narrow it down quickly.

0 Kudos
Adebass
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Exactly, this was my frustration and apologies if anyone feels insulted to be described as glove puppet. I have tried ringing 8 times to resolve the problem and I am still out of action, I run a business from home. The first reason given to me why my line was out was because of 'installing' caller display, I was assured I would be back on in four hours, ha ha! Then I discover it allows incoming calls from Virgin I thought this would be a eureka moment for the engineers, but no. They can't resolve it and still insist on an engineer having access to my phone when I am pretty certain the problem is not a fault on my phone, it has to be a fault script or whatever you like to call it. Anyone got any clout to resolve this? I wish I had sayed with BT. Adrian Bass
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Did you by any chance call BT and cancel your phone with them? 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Adebass
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

When I added telephone to my package the salesman said that they would contact BT.  I did receive a 'sorry you are leaving us' from BT so I think that's covered.

0 Kudos