Menu
dwagoonz
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Telephone number wrong on new account

Hi there, 

I signed up to a new service after my son took his Virgin Broadband and telephone with him to his new place. 

The agreement that I had with Virgin was that, once my sons services were disconnected (5th Sept) that I would start a new service with Broadband and Telephone (8th Sept), but keep the same phone number that was in the house with my son's service, for this example I will say the phone number as 1234.

All seemed OK explaining to the Moving team + customer service team (Though language barrier seems a big issue here Virgin...) I explained that my sons telephone service had a number of 1234, and I wanted to keep it at the same property but a different account as my son is moving his account to another property. 

All was agreed. Today I received an email from Virgin, the Welcome email, which states the order tracking/account number etc. Though I also noticed that they list the Home Telephone number, which is actually a brand new number rather than the agreed porting number of 1234, they have given 4321. 

The only reason I re-signed with Virgin in the property is to keep the number that I've had for over 30 years, as my son's disconnection date was too soon that BT couldn't port the number over as it would have been disconnected by then. 

Please get back to me in regards to this as I require this number be ported onto my home telephone line, otherwise I will have no intention of signing the contract and cancelling.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone number wrong on new account

Hi there dwagoonz, 

I'd like to take the time to welcome you to the forums and thank you for your post. I'm really sorry to hear of all the trouble you seem to be having getting the correct phone number on to your new account. 

I've tried to locate your account details using your forum credentials, but was unable to do so, however on this occasion I don't believe I would be able to help for security reasons. I'd have to advise you to give us a call on 0345 454 1111 or should you know someone on a Virgin Media landline call us on 150 (this number is also free from Virgin Media Mobile phones). Once we pass security we will be able to look into the order in some depth and let you know exactly what is going on. 

The number mentioned on your new account may just be a temporary number, until we are able to get the original number ported back onto your line, but it would be best to call in and double check. 

Please let me know how things go. 

Cheers and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
dwagoonz
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I rang someone on the number you've given and was assisted by an adviser who took down all the details and told me that porting would be done in 24-48 hours.

It has now been over 4 days yet the number is still not ported over.

Please can you get someone to look into this. I can give you account number and details for you to give me a call as I am getting very tired of all the crap that Virgin have done.

I am still within my 14 day cooling period, if my number does not get ported in the next 24 hours I will cancel this contract and move to BT who I am sure will give better service.

0 Kudos
dwagoonz
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Also, 

Everytime I attempt to register for bills online, it is not letting me create an account. It keeps telling me that there are issues. 

PLEASE SORT THIS OUT!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi dwagoonz,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you are still having problems with your service. 

I'd love to help you with the online billing setup on your account, however, due to account security, you will need to speak to our Customer Care department. Just give them a call on 150 from your Virgin Media landline, taking option 1, then option 5.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good customer service is something Virgin Media are not known for, sadly the opposite, especially with their awful overseas calls centres, who haven't a clue and will even keep putting the phone down on you when they either don't understand you, the problem or can't be bothered to help.  VM are a nightmare.

dwagoonz
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So it has now been 14 days since my complaint, and several phone calls. I phoned again on the 13th September to complain and ask why the number has yet to be ported. They tell me something went wrong and they couldn't do it, though they didn't even bother to let me know.

I threaten to cancel my contract under the 14 day cooling off period, as the agreement was that they port my number over. Suddenly they assure me this time it will work, though it will take over 9 days for it to port (I was connected to VM on the 8th, the 14 day cooling off period would be 22nd Sept, 9 days from my phone call would be, surprise surprise, the 22nd) I will be phoning tomorrow to find out the progress of this port, I will take further action if the number does not port and Virgin try to scam their way out of me cutting the contract up due to their incompetence.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi dwagoonz

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how this is going, sorry again for the inconvenience it's causing. 

I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos