Menu
sunshine999
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Telephone not working

I selected "Virgin Phone" in the Board as there was no entry for Telephone line!

Today 13 Feb 2017 we have noticed that none of the 3 home phones work. We have never had his problem before in over 5 years of use.

We ran the Virginmedia test and it found no problem.

There is a report that an engineer is working on TV issues in this area. We have no problems with the TV.

Using our iphone and samsung mobiles trying to phone our home Telephone it rings and when we answer the call there is no one there and our mobiles are still giving a ringing tones indicating that nobody has answered the call.

Also when we use the Home telephone to call our mobiles they do not ring.

Can someone help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone not working

Hello sunshine999,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I have tested your line and I'm not finding any problems at the moment so can I just confirm that you have tested/replaced your handset just to eliminate equipment fault as I would like to arrange for a technician to visit your property.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sunshine999
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I just phone the Help telephone number and after many sets of questions and information steps I got through to India.

They said they could book a technician in one week. Unfortunately my father has just died and my mother will have to be without contact for one week. Completely unacceptable service.  

0 Kudos
sunshine999
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your offer. How quickly can you get a technician around to my mother? 

Hopefully tomorrow morning before I fly back to Germany and leave her alone.

The offer from India of a one week wait is completely unacceptable. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We use the same system so I would have the same availability as our colleagues in our call centres but I can certainly keep checking for any cancellations for you and bring the appointment forward if possible.

I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos