Menu
joncombe
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Telephone not working

My telephone is not working. Are you able to run a test to verify if it is a fault with the line? Then I know if the handsat is faulty or not. There is no dial tone (silence) when I pick up the phone.

So far if I run a fault check against my phone on your website it says there is nothing wrong but if I do it on the telephone (via my mobile, giving my Virgin landline number) it says there is a fault. Nice an consistent then!

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone not working

The online test cannot detect all faults, you have to borrow another handset to be 100% sure

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi joncombe,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your landline.

I've run diagnostics from this end and I can't see any issue with the network. There's only so much we can do from this end and some line faults cannot be picked up by our diagnostic tools.

As jb66 has said, we need to make sure it's not the handset causing the issue. If you can, unplug your handset and plug in a completely different one to see if you get a dial tone.

If the line is still not working or if you're unable to perform the handset checks, let me know and I'll arrange fore a technician to visit.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
joncombe
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have tried another telephone handset with the same result - no dial tone. I have however already booked an engineer to visit on Saturday. However this is I think the 4th time this has happened now so I'm getting a bit fed up of it.

On a different note you (Virgin Media) keep nagging me tha I have old broadband equipment that you want to upgrade to a Hub 3.0 but when I asked for this I was told this too needed an engineers visit (contrary to the wording in the email). Can you please arrange it so that the engineer coming at the weekend can do this work at the same time too please? I don't want to have to make another appointment. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi joncombe

Thanks for taking the time to let us know that you've organised for an engineer to come and take a closer look.

I'll certainly request the engineer takes a look at the possibility of upgrading your hub although it's worth mentioning that it might not be possible, depending on the type of engineer that's been assigned. 

I'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos