Menu
iwj009
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Telephone - no dial tone

Hi, I have Virgin broadband and Virgin home telephone.  The home telephone has no dial tone.

The telephone is patched through the telephone circuit down to the basement where it jumps on to the Virgin cables.  ie the Virgin cable comes in to the basement then splits, the broadband is patched on to my tv circuit and then goes to my router in my flat, but the phone is split there and so does not go to the router.     Unable to get any dial tone,  no router reset needed as it doesnt sit on that circuit, but i have to reboot router every day or two anyway.   Anyone any ideas?  Or better still any ideas how to get an engineer to visit without sitting on the phone for hours as tried that a few times and its painful.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone - no dial tone

Hi iwj009

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service. 

We're not detecting any errors with the line when running some tests from our end, are you able to check that you're plugged into the master telephone socket? If so, have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset or your handset on an alternate line? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
iwj009
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It Is plugged in to master socket. Tried another phone in the socket same experience. As this in a 'normal' house I don't have 'another line' to try the phone on.. can you please fix it or refund my call charges as I am still billed despite this being down for a couple of weeks now.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about all of this iwj009,

Many thanks for completing the checks mentioned.

Further to this, I'd like to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this booked in.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos