Menu
Khaijahkhanphil
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Telephone line

My phone line has a dial tone but it's beeps not a constant normal dial tone. I can receive outgoing calls but am not able to make any calls myself it's just a dead line phone is brand new. What can be wrong? Need help asap
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone line

Sounds like you have a message, dial 1571
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Khaijahkhanphil

Welcome to the Community, sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment. 

As jb66 has mentioned, you might have a message waiting so try dialling 1571 to see if there's anything there. 

As for not being able to make outbound calls, I've located your account to test your line and we're not detecting any issues. Have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset on your line or your handset an an alternate line? 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Khaijahkhanphil
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have no voicemails and I'm sure your still able to make outgoing calls. I had talk weekend plan hence why I couldn't make the call however i got this upgraded to talk anytime and added sky sports to my package. Sky sports is now available and talk anytme shows on my plan however i still can't make calls???
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI Khaijahkhanphil

Thanks for getting back to me, what happens when you try to make an outbound call? Do you hear anything? 

Your plan won't affect you being able to make calls as you'll be able to do that on all of the call plans, so it sounds as if there's a fault with the line.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Khaijahkhanphil
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

I have an engineer coming tomorrow. Thanks for the help 👍🏼
0 Kudos