Menu
AlphaBeta
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Telephone down 01Feb2017

I'm having a problem with incoming/outgoing calls this morning via landline. London NW11. My internet service is OK, hence this post.

When trying the Virgin Media web test for phone services, it locks out at 99% and doesn't complete its test cycle.

Also, the Virgin Media icon for customer support for "Phones" does not work - the web-site doesn't recognise its own link to its own customer support services! Hmmm....

Unfortunately I can't web-chat with anyone as they support staff are all busy, even though there's supposed to be a good service ( no reported phone faults, in London.

Hope there's not too many people needing to make a 999 call via Virgin.

0 Kudos
Phil23
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone down 01Feb2017

Mines the same and I'm in gloucester, been like it for 8 hours now. Ive tried everything suggested and it's still not working.  I'm fed up of virgin telling me to ring 150 from my landline. I hope you get it fixed soon, I'm still waiting for a response. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello AlphaBeta,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

I have tested the line and I can confirm it's being affected by a fault in the area so I have just raised this to our outage team who will work quickly trying to get this resolved.

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this is causing at the moment and you should be able to find any updates or estimated fix times regarding any faults in the area by clicking on the link here.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Phil23,

Welcome to the community.

Your line is currently showing blocked and I'm unable to find any faults in the area which could be causing this so I would like to arrange for an engineer to take a look at this for you.

I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
eddie3009
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose
My landline has not been working all week. How do I tell Virgin about this fault if I cannot ring them ?
Eddie
0 Kudos