Menu
alanmichc
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Telephone breakdown

Dear Sir or Madam,

We had a visit from a Virgin Media engineer this morning as we have been without our landline phone for almost a week. He was able to fix the hall phone line but not our phone upstairs or other extensions, although these have always worked previously. After yet another call to Virgin tonight we were told that there would be a charge of £50 to re-install the extension, which we find incredible, we in fact thought we should be reimbursed as we have been without the service for a week.

We already pay £84 - 100 a month for this service from Virgin.I mentioned on the phone that we were considering changing our server as we have been without computer/television in the past.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Alan Clement

alan_michc@hotmail.com

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone breakdown

Telephone extensions warranty are only covered for 12months after install, hense the charge

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone breakdown

Hello alanmichc,

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing with your telephone line and I would like to welcome you to the community.

Yes as jb66 has advised the extensions are only covered by a 12 month warranty so there would be a charge for these to be fixed but the main socket is free. If you wish to go ahead then I would recommend giving us a ring on 150 from a Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and one of our customer service advisers will be able to get this sorted for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos