Menu
Gemma9187
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Telephone Saga

I reported a fault with my landline to virgin over a week ago now. The advisor I spoke to said that the line is ringing at the exchange but not in the house. When I lift the phone, there is an open line and when I use my mobile to call my landline it rings continually - my virgin media answering service doesn't kick in. I arranged for an engineer to come out however I had to reschedule for today and when checking my virgin media - it has been cancelled! I don't believe the fault is in the house itself (where the phone line is - there is no easy access so it hasn't been disturbed).

Anyone else had this? This is actually the second time it has happened - it happened at an old property and I'm certain it was an outside fault. I'm paying for a service I can't use, and my appointment gets cancelled. Fix it virgin - now!
0 Kudos
Gemma9187
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone Saga

Oh and I refuse to phone virgin again as I have no landline!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gemma9187

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment. 

I've not been able to accurately locate your account using your forum details unfortunately, so I can take a closer look at getting this issue resolved can you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? 

You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gemma

Thanks for the response, I'm sorry to hear that you're not available for an engineer although we do have appointments available 6 days a week if you could fit that in somewhere? 

As for what's causing the issue, it's not possible to determine remotely unfortunately. The engineer will check the external line prior to visiting in a full line investigation, if we're able to get that arranged.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Gemma9187
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm a single Mum with two children so my time is sparse. It is trying to ensure if not myself - someone can be here to allow access. Wednesday 23rd between 8-12 would be best.

Will someone look into when the issue occurred and refund for the service I have been unable to use?

Many thanks
Gemma
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gemma

Thanks for the response, I've sent you information regarding an appointment in a private message. 

You can view that message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos