Menu
Johnsonjhg
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Telephone ID Spoofing

I am having nuisance calls where the sending spoofs their telephone ID. The most recent very regular calls come from 09999999999 and 08888888888. I have the virgin nuisance call package and I have a Call Blocker, however, the virgin system still allows the calls to get through. How can I/we stop these fraudsters?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone ID Spoofing

Hi Johnsonjhg

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the inconvenience you're experiencing with these unwanted calls lately.

As a last resort I'd recommend thinking about changing your telephone number, which you can enquire about by giving our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other.

There's also some good information on stopping unwanted calls [here].

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Johnsonjhg
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone ID Spoofing

Hi Craig,

Many thanks for the advice. I consider the last resort option of changing my number to be giving in to these Fraudsters.

Having being very actively involved in the building of CATV and European telecommunication networks I find it totally confusing that Service Providers cannot assist in the apprehension of these fraudsters.

Cheers,

George

0 Kudos