Menu
Bri26
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Talk unlimited /Talk more anytime

Naughty of VM. My plan says Talk more anytime (TMA) but my bills say Talk Unlimited (TU). I was told by a customer service person this afternoon that the plans changed in June 2016 and all calls charges to non Virgin mobiles since then should be reimbursed. I was put through to a person in Credit refund only to be told that my plan status had changed only 5 mins previously so all call charges since June 2016 still apply. Two people from VM two different stories.

Its appalling that VM require the customer to change their call plan even when VM discontinue the old plans but VM doesn't tell the customer the plans have changed. I have racked up over £100 of calls to non virgin mobiles since June2016

Clearly this was a specifically designed ploy to hold customers on the old plan and to rack up charges until they found out by chance. Appalling customer loyalty from VM similar to Electricity and Gas suppliers overcharging on old plans.I will take my service elsewhere asap.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Talk unlimited /Talk more anytime

Since June 2016 there was a package that was called, Talk Unlimited Extra which did include mobiles, if you have spent over £100 on calling mobiles, you chose the wrong tarrif
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Talk Unlimited Extra was an old plan that was withdrawn in June last year.

It is correct there is a bug in My Virgin Media at the moment where the homepage will display the current version of the talk plans, even if you're not actually on it.

So although Talk Unlimited only covered calls to Virgin Mobile numbers, Talk More Anytime (the newer equivalent), covers calls to all UK Mobile numbers. And Talk More Anytime is what shows on the homepage for those with the Talk Unlimited plan.

But as mentioned above, the bill itself does show the correct plan you're on.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Bri26
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You miss my point, if a company withdraws a plan where is the proactive account management ie communications to advise customers. VM deliberately kept customers on the old plan and misled them by thinking they were changed to the new plan by showing the new plan on their account from last June. Yes the bills state Talk Unlimited but 6 point font buried in a 3 page bill is not acceptable. How do you know which account you are on when your account info says one and the bill says another. It's easy for you you work for VM so probably know all the account changes. How did VM communicate to customers about the changes, I had no direct communications?

If they changed my account records last June why cannot they credit the mobile charges since then like the first customer service adviser stated yesterday?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There were any direct communications about the plan changes because the plans weren't changed on any account.

Instead old plans stopped being sold and new plans went on sale. This requires any customer on an older plan to choose to change to a new one.

No account records were changed in June, the My Virgin Media bug is a display issue. The bug is not by design.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Bri26
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So let my summarise what you said

There were no direct communications from VM to customers about the plan changes

The old plan was discontinued, but customers kept being charged for calls to non Virgin mobiles, whereas new customers on the new plan were not.

The account info for customers was changed to the new plan in June 16 but this was quote "a bug, a display issue" and customers were really on the old plan. Customers looking at their account info believed they had been switched to the new plan

Buried in Customers' bills is a reference to the old plan, which you tell me is the master and to disregard what my on line account tells me.

The Ombudsman will be contacted regarding these unethical practices. VM have just lost my business and I hope this thread is read by others who are being misled and overcharged.

0 Kudos
matt84
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sounds to me you got 1 staff member that didn't have a clue what they where talking about and 1 that did.

The talk more anytime was a change in the call plan available on new deals, or for upgrading customers.

This deal is no longer available now. 

If you agreed your deal with Talk Unlimited then that was unlimited landline calls 24/7 free of charge up to 59 minutes per call, & did include Virgin Mobile up to 59 minutes too. It didn't include other mobile networks or 0845 numbers.  

I would imagine all Virgin will say is "what was sold to you as part of your agreement?" and "what was on your contract?".

If it simply stated Talk Unlimited then you never had other than Virgin Mobile calls included.

You wouldn't have been upgraded automatically without contacting Virgin and agreeing a newer deal, so you wouldn't be 'retrospectively give a deal you never agreed'. 

The agent who insinuated you would be reimbursed quite simply was wrong and has caused this whole issue.

If i'm not correct this whole topic is in hindsight of charges you had incurred for calling 'non virgin mobiles', so I gather from the post prior to speaking with the call centre agent you wouldn't have been under the belief you had other mobiles included under the Talk Unlimited anyway? The second agent you spoke with was correct.

The way this looks to me is should you go to the ombudsman, or to arbitration, Virgin would happily take this to arbitration, and win. 

Former VM Employee, my views are my own 

0 Kudos
Zilly
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When we checked "My Package" online it said we were on "Talk More Anytime" so should have had free calls to mobiles.

After seeing this we no longer restricted our calls to mobiles.

This "bug" is Virgin Media's fault so all call charges since this went online should be reimbursed.

PS VM remember PPI

0 Kudos