Menu
swissgirl
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Talk Unlimited v Talk More Anytime

We've been on 'Talk Unlimited' for years and I think this only covers calls to VM mobiles (I think it costs £8 pm) but I see there is a more recent tariff called 'Talk More Anytime' which includes calls to all mobile networks and is also £8 pm.  Is this correct and, if so, why has VM not automatically switched us to this tariff or at least informed us about it.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Talk Unlimited v Talk More Anytime

The new Talk plans now include all UK Mobiles & 0845 numbers as standard.

As with any new service, the onus is on you to decide if what VM are offering suits your requirements. There are some people that will be tied into contracts with their existing Talk tariff, & making a change will affect could affect the discounting on their existing services or minimum term. Believe me, there would be plenty of complaints from customers if VM suddenly started "upgrading" services automatically.

The onus on all of us is to be "pro-active" customers, & to be constantly shopping around for better deals, be it with VM or other suppliers. Its the way services work in the UK, & unless legislation changes things, it will continue to be that way.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
swissgirl
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.  I'm assuming that my recent discovery was correct and that 'talk more anytime' is an upgrade of 'talk unlimited' for the same price.  I still feel that courtesy should dictate that VM let customers know that a better deal is available and let them decide if they wish to take advantage of if but I suppose that I'm quaintly old-fashioned.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

All of the existing standard phone plans barring Talk Weekends were discontinued at the beginning of July.

In their place new Talk Plans were made available. They are not an upgrade of the previous plans, but are new plans.

It just happens that for Talk Unlimited and Talk More Anytime they are the same price.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

swissgirl wrote:

...courtesy should dictate that VM let customers know that a better deal is available and let them decide if they wish to take advantage of if but I suppose that I'm quaintly old-fashioned.

I agree. I only discovered this by accident when I called to downgrade my package.  I would have thought that if broadband speed increases are automatic then so should this.  

wd40addict
Dialled in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My latest January bill says 'Talk Unlimited' and I've been charged for mobile calls, however logging in to my account says 'Talk More Anytime', which is correct?

Despite the above debate has an automatic upgrade now occurred? Can I now phone mobiles?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

wd40addict wrote:

My latest January bill says 'Talk Unlimited' and I've been charged for mobile calls, however logging in to my account says 'Talk More Anytime', which is correct?

Despite the above debate has an automatic upgrade now occurred? Can I now phone mobiles?

As stated, there are no automatic updates. Talk More Anytime is a new plan.

The statement on your bill is the correct one.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
wd40addict
Dialled in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So why, when I log into my account on line, does it say I have 'Talk More Anytime'?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So does mine, & numerous others. The one on your bill is correct.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
wd40addict
Dialled in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So how do you officially swap over? I can see a nightmare conversation with India trying to explain this "but your account already says talk more anytime".

Anyone from VM care to comment?

0 Kudos