Menu
Spiff03
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Talk More Anytime package

We have the talk more anytime package for our phone which says it includes calls to mobiles, but for the past 2 months calls to mobiles have been being charged. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there some small print I haven't seen?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Talk More Anytime package

Ignore what your MyVirgin Media webpage says. What package do you have showing on your bill?

Unless you have called Virgin & asked to upgrade to Talk More Anytime, you will still be on Talk Unlimited despite the website saying otherwise. I am in the same situation.

Only calls to Virgin Mobiles are included on Talk Unlimited.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ignore what your MyVirgin Media webpage says. What package do you have showing on your bill?

Unless you have called Virgin & asked to upgrade to Talk More Anytime, you will still be on Talk Unlimited despite the website saying otherwise. I am in the same situation.

Only calls to Virgin Mobiles are included on Talk Unlimited.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Spiff03
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You're right, thanks for pointing that out. However if that's the case then it's outrageous (though sadly unsurprising). I really must look carefully at alternatives to VM I think :-(.It's not the money as it's not a large amount, it's the constantly having to be alert to how they might alter things to make them cost more. And I'm not one who likes to phone and haggle so I'm probably paying more than anyone else in the country!

Thanks for the reply :-)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you want to change to Talk More Anytime, just call up and they will switch you over. Talk Unlimited & Talk More Anytime are the same price.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
dadford
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same, when I check what my package is called, it said talk more anytime, I even looked it up to see what that included.

Then started calling uk mobiles, only to be charged. The very least you can call this is being misled by Virgin Media.

anthonyorourke8
Just joined
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The exact same thing has happened to me. I've been a customer with VG for years and was getting billed for mobile phone usage despite it stating online that my account package is Talk More Anytime. However, bill bundle charges were still being charged based on the 'Talk Unlimited' package that i understand they no longer even offer.

The attitude of the numerous VM call reps was that it was my fault for not calling VM sooner to ask to be switched over to  Talk More Anytime (despite VM already stating on my account that i was with Talk More anytime???) 

I feel that this is very unfair. It's an insult. There seems to be no reward for loyalty - the opposite in fact.

I gave up in the end trying to argue with them as they weren't entertaining my argument. 

0 Kudos
Twigbat
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Im in same boat - am on Talk More Anytime and being billed for mobiles despite the web-site saying these are inclusive. Now looking to leave Virgin Media (their November price hike also persuaded me to go elsewhere). Have been long standing customer too - but like you say, loyalty gets you nowhere these days.

0 Kudos