Menu
neil_keeton1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Taking your phone number

Has anyone had problems moving their current number over to virgin we are having a nightmare arranged when moving over then when it was fitted we were given a new number told sky would need to give a code then talked to virgin and they said it would take seven days then the day before it's due to change I get a text telling me that it's not possible as the number has been cancelled and then after being on the phone to virgin passed to 3 different people they cut me off I am beginning to think I have made a big mistake moving to virgin disgraceful it's very hard to get someone who understands we have had our number for 28 years we both had elderly parents and my wife has had a hobby doing cakes for people now we are at our wits end has anybody found a way to get through to these people

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Taking your phone number

Hi Neil,

I presume you have been dealing with the numpties in the off-shore call centres.   You might have more luck phoning the UK based Retentions team during normal office hours tomorrow.   150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select the prompts  1  >  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.  They can deal with much more than just retentions.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
neil_keeton1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheers

yes you are right with the numbties that seems to be the number to run you a bill up I will try them tomorrow I must say I'm not impressed with virgin 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi neil_keeton1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue getting your telephone number ported over to Virgin Media. 

In order for a number port to go through, you need to leave your Phone line active with your previous supplier, if you, or they cancel this then the number port won't go through and you're at risk of losing that phone number. 

The best thing you can do now is contact Sky and get them to reactivate your phone line with your phone number. Once they've done this we can then start the number porting process once again. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos