Menu
Gaza336
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Static landline

Hey,

I'm having issues with my landline it randomly started putting off strong static the minute you push the green (answer) button.

It occurred randomly during a call and continued ever since. This happens on four separate working landlines.

When phoning from a mobile in the house and answering the landline it instantly gives strong static from the landline. However the mobile continues to ring as if nobody has answered/connected to the landline.

When using the online landline test - no faults were detected? What else can I do? I have booked an engineer but wondering if there's much else to get it working now.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Static landline

Hi Gaza336,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm rally sorry to hear you're experiencing some random static on your landline. Appreciate this can be frustrating.

I've run some checks for you and nothing is being picked up on the line with all test results coming back normal although this doesn't mean there isn't a problem. You mentioned you've booked an engineer but I cant see this on my system. I would probably recommend testing a different handset first just to eliminate your own equipment simply because intermittent faults may not always be picked up when the engineer attends.

Let us know how you get on.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Gaza336
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and kind gesture!

As mentioned in my original post, I have troubleshot this issue using not only one but four different landline phones, cordless and wired phone handsets.

I also stated, that running the online landline phone test came back with no found faults, however, four different landline handsets pick up the same issue. One being brand new.

I booked the engineer in your online page and received confirmation of this in an email.

This is not, and I repeat not, intermittent as explained in my original post this has continued non-stop with every call or the minute we push the answer button randomly. This occurred randomly during a call and then since, never stopped to operate normally.

When this occurred I used a new handset and then a further two, one being brand new purchased from Tesco, but still fails to operate fully.

Any other suggestions not previously mentioned?

Gareth.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for your response.

I've got a feeling this engineer booking hasn't gone through so I'd like to look into this for you. I will send you a private message shortly (purple envelope, top left hand side) to discuss this further.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Chetandesai
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen, I am having exactly the same problem with my landline and have tried numerous different handsets and different phone sockets with the same result.

Are you able to check my line too?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chetandesai,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. It's great to see new faces here. I'm sorry to hear that your line isn't working and you're getting a lot of noise interference during calls.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing on your line. As you have already tested other handsets on the line to rule out an equipment fault, I'll need to arrange an engineer to call out to get this fixed.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Speak soon,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Chetandesai
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Terri - I've responded to the PM now.

0 Kudos