Menu
RobertoW
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Speaking to someone at Virgin Media

I have an ongoing problem with my house phone. An engineer called last Wednesday, couldn't find the fault and believe it could be a problem with the cable running through the garden. He said he'd return on Friday but he was aware that I wouldn't be there that day but was fine with that as he didn't need entry to the property. Anyway it doesn't look as if he visited and the phone still doesn't work. I've tried calling 0345 454 1111 but can't for the life of me get through to anyone to check on the current situation. It just tries to give me an automated appointment. Help. I just need to speak to someone.

0 Kudos
trevorbernice15
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speaking to someone at Virgin Media

Hi

We too have an ongoing problem with our house phone - since August 2016 in fact!  Hopeless trying to get hold of someone to speak to.  We've had 7 engineers out to our house plus other support workers.  They've changed the cable from box to phone, made no difference  Encouraged us to buy a new phone - which we did, that was a joke - still have the problem.  Engineers leave after the call out convinced they have solved the problem.  Some have said they would call us within a week to ask if problem resolved - they don't.

So........if you do find a way of talking to someone, kindly let us know. Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing a fault with your landline RobertoW,

I've had a look at the line state from this end and this is currently showing as active. Are you receiving a dial tone at the moment?

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you've also had some trouble with this trevorbernice15,

Your line state is also displaying as active right now.

Do you have a dial tone?

Speak soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
RobertoW
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The engineer returned this afternoon and sorted it. Apologised for not coming on Friday but claimed he had no contact details to inform me that he'd be back today. Anyway it was all sorted in 10 minutes. All's well that ends well. Hope you get sorted soon trevorbernice15.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating the thread with this RobertoW,

Great to hear that this has been sorted for you!

Let me know if I can help with anything more. Smiley Happy

Take care,

Nat_J

trevorbernice15
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes we've always had a dial tone.  Just lose the caller for split second(s) often multiple times during one conversation.  Then conversation continues - just fed up of apologising to our callers & recipients of calls.

0 Kudos