Menu
Speakingclock
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Speaking Clock Call charges

Hello,

For the past few months various call charges have been applied to my bill, 99% of these calls are for SPEAKING CLOCK number 123 000 0000

I don't even have a landline phone( no instrument) at home so i don't know how can Virgin media say that I have made these calls. Also just checked some of the calls made and they are during the time when no one was at home (not even in the country)

So engineer was sent to check the CROSSLINK - for which 99 GBP has been charged on my account ( how ridiculous is it!!!) , The engineer says everything is okay with the phone line whereas clearly it isn't, and they don't even bother to come to the actual address to check things(pathetic service I guess)

I don't know what should be the next step here? Surely i would want my money back as clearly i haven't made these calls

just checked few online posts and lot of people have actually complained about the same thing

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speaking Clock Call charges

Hi Speakingclock

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing at the moment, I'd like to take a look at your account and run some tests on the line from our end but I've not been able to locate your account unfortunately. I'd like to see if there are any noticeable issues with the line, it sounds like it could be a crossed line issue. When you dial your mobile from the house phone, is the number you see one that you recognise?

So I'm able to do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Norrie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I too have been charged for a call to 123 at a time when no one was in the house.When I complained I was told it would be cleared from my bill but still showing.

Is this a deliberate money making ploy using a small charge hoping the bill payer will not notice?

0 Kudos
Norrie
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Update to my post; I contacted customer services who agrees to credit my account to refund the 31p charge. My next bill now has the 31p charged to my account although described as goodwill credit.

Now 62p out of pocket and reluctant to call customer services in case this will be doubled every time.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Norrie

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the Speaking Clock charge and subsequent error my colleague made in crediting this to you!

I am so sorry that this happened Smiley Sad

I have checked the account for you and this has now been corrected Smiley Happy

I have also checked and no calls to the Speaking Clock have been incurred on your bill or unbilled services since this instance.

I'm going to drop a pm to you that you can find in the envelope up by your forum name. If you could take a look at this for me that would be awesome Smiley Very Happy

Speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Norrie
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,
Thanks, once again, for your help it proves what a great job you and your colleagues do in the forum.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No trouble at all Norrie, glad to have helped out Smiley Happy

If you need us anytime you know where we are.

Have a fantastic New Year!

Cheers.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Speakingclock
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

same problem again ...what's wrong with Virgin media

Keeps on adding to the bill for these stupid fault on your network, called up your customer service and useless as always really

Can someone please look at my account and get it resolved????

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Speakingclock

I appreciate you popping back to us about this and my sincere apologies that this is a repeat concern.

If you can please pop back to me on a PM and confirm:

• Your name
  • If you are the account holder
  • The full address
  • The phone number in question

We can look into this again for you.

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos