Menu
hoodoogirl
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Something weird is happening with my home phone

Within the last hour, I have received three phone calls to my home phone in quick succession. The tempo of the ring is also very,very fast which is weird. It's not a normal phone ring. The first time it was a momentary call and I thought it was mother and rang her back. It was not her. It has happened again twice in the last 20 minutes. The second time that I picked the phone up, it cut off. The third time it rang without end. I picked it up and it went dead again. I pressed 1471 and it did not show any calls at all as having been received. It was as if the calls had never been made to me!!

I then telephoned the extremely unhelpful overseas call centre. I had to keep repeating myself and she ended up saying it must be telephone marketing calls. I know it is not as when you press 1471 it will say that someone has called even if a number is not provided. Also the temp of the phone ring was very, very quick - bizarrely so! I asked my mother to phone me just now and there was a normal ring tone then but not with the other calls.

At the entrance to my road, there is a junction box which has been vandalised I believe by children on the road. It is at the entrance to the road. First the door was taken half way off, then it was removed completely and now the inside of the box is completely exposed. I told the woman in the overseas call centre about it and she did not want to know. I am really upset. I seem to be having so many problems with Virgin and they never or rarely want to resolve the matter. The damaged junction box, will that affect my phone bills if children on the road continue to play around with it? My internet connection has also been bad the last few days but I am unsure if it is the national problem reported or this junction box as well. Really fed up with the stress which comes from having Virgin lately.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Something weird is happening with my home phone

It will take several days for the staff team here to get to your post, but you can report the open cabinet via the "Cabinet Hotline".

The service is automated, so no queueing or speaking to foreign call centres.

0330 333 0444

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
mountainwiccan
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Something weird is happening with my home phone

Thank you.. 

0 Kudos