Menu
Highlighted
Tug674
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sold Talk More Anytime but billed as Talk Unlimited

The salesman ticked Talk More Anytime on the suggested bundle but wrote Talk Unlimited on the Pre Contract Information. I didn't know there was a difference and had been told that all my calls would be     free from charges including to any mobiles. Talk Unlimited was not on the options for Home Phone on the July 2017 booklet which he gave me. He also told me we would be able to keep our phone number which we have had for over 40 years - we lost that number but that's another story! I agreed to the bundle suggested on 14th July 2017 and installation took place on 15th August 2017 but from that date I have been abroad and returned on 29th September. Earlier bills had no phone calls recorded. My bill arrived today showing I was now being charged £9.42 for recent calls to mobiles contrary to what I understood would be free calls! I couldn't find a Talk Unlimited on the webpage and when I rang Virgin today for clarification I was told that my plan would be immediately changed to Talk More Anytime but I would have to pay the £9.42 billed as there was nothing the Help Desk nor his supervisor could do. He suggested that I go on to the web chat or visit a Virgin Media store to take this further. It's not a large amount but in the circumstances I don't feel that Virgin Media are being fair in demanding that I pay for calls which I had been told would not incur charges. The switch from Sky to VM has had many problems and despite the savings made I have spent far too much time with this phone problem, unsuccessfully trying to recover my old number and trying to get a proper tv installation.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Image removed (Contains Personal information), please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sold Talk More Anytime but billed as Talk Unlimited

BenMcr wrote:

It's not back on sale so should be easy enough to swap to.

That should have read that it's now back on sale!

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Talk Unlimited is a legacy plan. You can keep it if you are already on it but it has not been available to new or existing customers for over 2 years now. How they set you up on it I don't know.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Tug674
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Amended photo - not showing personal details now.Amended photo - not showing personal details now.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

Talk Unlimited is a legacy plan. You can keep it if you are already on it but it has not been available to new or existing customers for over 2 years now. How they set you up on it I don't know.

That's not completely true - there was a period over the summer where Talk Unlimited was sold in place of Talk More Anytime.

It's probably that time where the order was booked on the system, but the sales agent was using an order sheet from the first time Talk More Anytime was available.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

BenMcr wrote:

That should have read that it's now back on sale!

0 Kudos
Tug674
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks BenMor. They did change me to Anytime when I rang this week. I was just miffed that they wouldn't/couldn't  refund the £9.42, which I felt had been wrongly charged.

0 Kudos