Menu
optmax
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

SmartCall has wrong talk plan

I have Phone XL - Talk Anytime, but my SmartCall app says I have Talk Weekends.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled the app and received and entered new code but still can only make Talk Weekend inclusive calls.

What should I do next?

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: SmartCall has wrong talk plan

Hi optmax

There have been quite a few people with the same problem, it's down too an error on your account.

Staff should pick this up within a day or two and they will correct the error quickly for you, after the correction you may need to uninstall and reinstall Smartcall again.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
optmax
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

teabag thanks for the info, I'll wait a couple of days and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi optmax,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. Sorry to hear that you are unable to use your Talk Unlimited plan on the SmartCall app. This shouldn't be happening, however, it is a simple change of codes on the system to rectify this for you.

The system will not allow me to change the code, so I'm going to need for you to call into Customer Care on 150 from your Virgin Media landline (or 0345 454 1111 from any other line), take Option 4, then Option 1. 

Once this is done, you may need to reload the SmartCall app, then retry and it should be available for you. If it doesn't work at this point, please uninstall the app and reinstall. 

Apologies again for the problems you are experiencing with the SmartCall app.

Let me know how you get on with this. 

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

Is it a permission thing stopping you changing the code?

It's just that Huw has managed to correct the error for everyone in this thread
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Landline/SmartCall-has-incorrect-talk-plan/m-p/2877825#U2877825
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi teabag,

Thank you for your concern. It isn't a permissions issue. There are some accounts that cannot be changed by ourselves on the Forum team, including Huw (brilliant as he is!). 

It should be a simple case of changing the code, which we are normally able to complete, however, the system won't allow the change, so these cases have to go through Customer Care.

I have attempted to put the change through, but it keeps failing, so I have to refer optmax over to Customer Care. If he gives them a call, that department has the ability to bypass the block and get this sorted.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
optmax
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

Thanks for the advice.

I have called Customer Care and they reset 'some codes' to the 'old values' before my recent re-negotiation of my package.

I wasn't told that my SuperHub would reboot, but after it had SmartCall picked up the correct TalkPlan without the need for a re-install.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi optmax,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I'm glad to hear that Customer Care were able to get this sorted out for you--I had every faith that they wouldSmiley Happy  Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you have any further questions about SmartCall, please check out our Help pages. Just click this link to view our SmartCall Help pages. Or alternatively, just give us a shout here on the Forum.

All the best.

0 Kudos
ASCownie
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem.  How do I resolve?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there ASCownie, 

First of all I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that you were experiencing an issue with the incorrect package showing on your SmartCall service. 

I've checked things over and it looks like you've called in regarding this and things should now be working for you. Please let me know if you still need any help. 

Apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos