Menu
peteskinner
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SmartCall closing

SmartCall is closing  on 28th of April despite another year of inflation busting price rises of over 12%!!!

Virgin needs to get with the real world before we all migrate to BT who have the Smart Talk app.

Now they want more money out of me for using my mobile to call when I am out & about.

veejay
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: SmartCall closing

Very disappointed that the App will no longer work. It has been useful to use when abroad to keep in touch with elderly relatives who don't have smart phones or internet and for whom phrases like Dataplan, WhatsApp, Skype and Viber are totally incomprehensible. Also useful if there is a wifi signal, but no phone signal.

Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Having had phone issues that required techs the last year, noisy line and no dial tone, I have found smartcall to be extremely useful. It will be missed.

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
gadge48
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Smartcall was a superb app for me, as i live in a area that as next to no mobile signal.Seems that Virgin are hell bent on saving money at our expense. This may turn out to be a expensive exercise in the long run. 

fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Did not use it often, but when I did, it was handy ....Back in the days when you were charged for 0800 numbers on the mobile for example.

0 Kudos