Menu
kev963
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slough - Phoneline dead

Our Virgin landline is not working. There is no dialling tone, but everything is charged and plugged in. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slough - Phoneline dead

Hi kev963,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. It's great to see new faces here. I'm sorry to hear that you have no dial tone on your landline.

I'm unable to access your account via your Forum details, so I will need to take more information from you so I can investigate this further. I also need to verify that you have completed the following checks:

• Check the phone – Please try another phone to check if the line is the issue. **If you don't have an alternative phone handset to try, please try your phone on a different landline (friend/relative/neighbour's landline) and see if it works**
  • Check the socket – Check the phone is plugged into the right socket; you’d be surprised how often it’s not. Ensure it is plugged into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket.
  • Check the extension – Is it connected properly? Does the problem persist if the phone is plugged directly into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket?

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can test your line and arrange an appointment for you if you are still having the fault on the line after doing the above checks. Just click the purple envelope at the top right of this page. 

Kind Regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slough - Phoneline dead

Hi kev963,

Just checking back with you about the landline fault you reported yesterday.

I've run testing on the line and can see that the fault has now been resolved by our engineers. I want to double check that everything's working now.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos