Menu
Tinnitus77
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky to virgin

Hi there someone please help. After plenty of calls to sky I eventually managed to get my broadband and phone cancelled and have now ordered with great excitement my virgin broadband and phone. The thing is. The virgin phone will be getting installed the 31st but my sky phone etc...isn't getting switched off till the 1st. Will this be a problem I am praying not.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky to virgin

I hope you are not transferring your Sky phone number to Virgin, because as you have put a cancellation notice in any transfer request will be blocked & you will lose your number. Number transfers/line cancellations must only be handled by the provider you are moving too.

As far as the installation is concerned, as long as there are no blocked ducts or damaged cabling between your property & the local cabinet, you should have no problems.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I hope you are not transferring your Sky phone number to Virgin, because as you have put a cancellation notice in any transfer request will be blocked & you will lose your number. Number transfers/line cancellations must only be handled by the provider you are moving too.

As far as the installation is concerned, as long as there are no blocked ducts or damaged cabling between your property & the local cabinet, you should have no problems.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Tinnitus77
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply. Will I just be given another number if sky havnt cancelled in time.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM normally issue a temporary number until the transfer can take place. If you want to keep your Sky number, I would suggest contacting Sky & asking them to remove the "Pending Disconnection" order from your line.

0 Kudos
Tinnitus77
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeh I will give them a call tomorrow and do that. I just wonder if they would cancel the connection earlier. Do you wrecking it's worth asking them or do you think I would be wasting my breath.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tinnitus77,

Welcome to the Forum, it's great to see a new member in our Community . I'm glad to see that nodrogd was able to give you great advice about transferring your Sky phone number over to your new Virgin Media line.

You can ask Sky to cancel the "pending disconnection" so that you can port your phone number over to Virgin. Once this has been done, we will take care of closing down that account for you. 

When Sky confirm with you that the "pending disconnection" has been removed from your account, then please give us a call on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), or contact us via WebChat on Contact Us, so that we can raise an order for the number port immediately for you.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos