Menu
AHoogy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Sky number not ported. Another unhappy customer!

I've just recently joined Virgin from Sky and on the day my Sky services ended I found my number I have had for the past 20 years was not ported over to Virgin because someone had not put it on an order! I really am not happy with this complete failure by Virgin to complete a simple order. I 100% chose to port my number from Sky to Virgin. It was requested as I have had the number for so long and all family and friends know it.

I know what happens next: Virgin will say it is Sky or BT's problem and they will in turn bounce the blame back to Virgin. In the meantime the customer remains lost. I've read the previous posts on similar.

First chance I get I'm off to someone else!

AHoogy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky number not ported. Another unhappy customer!

Have now spoken to Sky who say that Virgin asked for line to cease today as they were taking it over. They (Virgin) forgot/messed up and did not ask for the number to be ported over. Have raised a complaint with OFCOM.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi AHoogy

Welcome to the community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone number lately.

I've located and taken a look at your account and can see you've spoken with the team after your post and this issue is being looked into. A member of the team will be in touch when an update is available.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AHoogy
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

So, here's my update: was promised by customer service rep that they would call me back this evening with an update. Guess what happened? Another failure by Virgin! Why am I not surprised? I'll waste more of my time chasing it tomorrow for further failures and broken promises.  

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about that AHoogy

I've taken another look at your account and can see the request for this to be investigated is still open so I'm confident a member of the team will be in touch.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this must be causing, we want to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AHoogy
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for looking into the people looking into my problem.

Update: I have just spoken to BT Customer Services who say I personally cannot request the number but as my provider Virgin can. It just takes someone from Virgin to request the actual number through their normal channels and, if it's still available (which it should be after such a short time), it can be done.

It now needs Virgin to stop looking and start acting and it may be resolved.

I wait in hope....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi AHoogy

Thanks for the update, I've added that information to the ticket for the team to see, we're looking forward to getting this resolved.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
AHoogy
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

So, three days on and.......nothing! Not a word. Not a peep. No updates from Virgin. They must be so busy looking that they have no time to report back and let me know what is going on and how far they are from sorting my problem. If they can solve it at all despite me giving clear directions on how to do it.

My hope is disappearing with my 20 year old phone number......

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi AHoogy

I'm sorry for the continued inconvenience you're experiencing, I've checked your account and the ticket is still open so a member of the team will be in touch shortly.

I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

0 Kudos
AHoogy
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Update: once again I chase customer services and luckily this time I get Jennifer who says "I'll put the request for the number in now and if still available you should have it back on or before Jan 23rd".

Why couldn't others have done the same? Kudos to you Jennifer if this works. Fingers crossed.....

0 Kudos