Menu
o-malik88
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Scheduled cable re-pull 10/02/17

Hi,

I recently moved home and moved over my services to my new address. The activation process failed and I was without Broadband, TV and Phone for a week. This is the last thing I needed among all the stress of moving home! Never the less an engineer managed to come out and restore services for TV and Broadband by sharing the line with another flat upstairs which was very welcome news.

Unfortunately, he was unable to restore the phone line and said a cable re-pull is required and won't get done until the first week of February. This is fine as I understand that there is a backlog of jobs and I can make do with WiFi calls etc as I'm at work most of the day.

What I don't want is to be charged for services that I'm not even using because they don't work. I have been told that it's unlikely that I will be charged but I would like a more definite response. I'm a technician myself and I tested the phone line and it is completely dead!

Obviously, I'm quite annoyed that this happened in the first place as everything worked perfectly fine in my previous property. After all the assurances from Virgin that this would be a quick and easy self install process this couldn't be further from the truth. Overall, the process of moving my services has been clumsy, mismanaged and well basically complete rubbish.

I welcome all constructive and helpful responses since Virgin make it quite difficult to contact them via email. The only options seem to be online chat, post or phone. 

Regards,

Osman

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scheduled cable re-pull 10/02/17

The correct procedure is to claim a refund for service loss as soon as the service is restored. You should then get a refund back to the day you reported the fault.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scheduled cable re-pull 10/02/17

Hi o-malik88

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service recently.

As nodrogd has mentioned, we don't expect you to pay for a service you've not received. So you should find the time you've let us know you've been without your service deducted from your bill.

If that's not the case, get in touch and I'll do what I can to to get that sorted from our end.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we're looking forward to hearing how the line pull goes.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos