Menu
Liamowen
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ridiculous situation, no phone connection.

I live in a 2 flat building had Virgin installed 4-5 years ago. new neighbours moved in 2 years ago upstairs and had virgin so they installed a shared connection from our existing cable. Upstairs called for a technician due to ongoing internet issues we both have been getting and they came and replaced the cable on Weds. We had a knock on our door from the technician who said they are replacing the cable that we share and needs to dig up the front lawn. I was then informed by one of the workmen half way through the replacement of the cable that the cable they have installed only has one set of phone connection lines so our phone is not connected. they will have to leave us without a phone line and we will have to phone up the helpline and organise a technician to come install a new cable for us. I had a discussion about this and he said the new cheaper cables only had one set and also said you should of have a thicker internet cable also for the shared connection so it wasn't even set up properly anyway.

so I phoned up the helpline from my mobile and they were left baffled why they would leave us without a connection and couldn't quite grasp the situation. They then organised for it to be fixed the date was given for Friday. Now this would not be an issue but my dad is terminally ill with cancer and we need the phone for incoming calls from hospital appointments so stated that and we need this sorting ASAP and also my dad was in chemotherapy on Friday, Unfortunately, no earlier date could be given, so we reluctantly organised it for Saturday and I was assured it will be fixed by that day. The technician came today (Saturday) and he had been booked for a no dial tone fault ! and said ill have to rebook you for a cable install you need a cable (he was as helpful as he could be) after I explained everything he's stated it was their fault the previous technician had caused the issue and shouldn't of. he said he would call up the engineers and explain the situation and try and get it prioritised, he will be calling back at 2pm with a date and time. Now I am left without a phone again for probably the rest of the weekend and maybe longer.

I'm Finding this situation very frustrating that there could be that level of incompetence from both the initial technicians/engineers to leave us without a cable connecting us and causing the issue and the call centre for not understanding the fault when I stated we have been left with no cable and no connection from the local exchange box and sending out a guy who could do nothing about the situation other than ring it back through to be fixed at a later date. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ridiculous situation, no phone connection.

No problem at all Liamowen, hopefully we can get this resolved very soon.

We'll talk soon and we'll get this sortedMan Happy

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This can be a pain as the cable repull contractors are dedicated teams that don't do anything else, so you are dealing with 2 sets of engineers to fix this. Some of the staff forum team are around today, but you will usually be waiting a couple of days for them to respond.

@ForumTeam - Could someone have a look into this ASAP.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi LiamOwen

I'm so sorry to hear about this situation, I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this for you.

I can see that this issue has been passed to the engineering manager in your area after this mornings appointment. I've also been in contact with the team to talk about this current situation and I'm confident the team will be doing what they can to get this resolved as soon as possible.

I'll be keeping a close on this from our end and I'd love to hear from you should anything change from your end.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Liamowen
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much craig_d Thank you for following it up, the last technician that came was very helpful even though there was nothing he could do he had come all the way from Birmingham. He said he would try and get it prioritised but I thought it would be no harm in contacting yourselves via the forum to try and get things rectified quicker due to the urgency with my dad's health. ( i find the forums a lot more responsive and helpful ) thank you for your time I will keep you updated hopefully will have a date and time post 2pm. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No problem at all Liamowen, hopefully we can get this resolved very soon.

We'll talk soon and we'll get this sortedMan Happy

Craig

Liamowen
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Not had that call back so chased it up via phone call after being put through to two departments they put me through to book a pull I explained everything and he said I best see what the technician is doing as I mentioned you saying it has been put through to the area manager. the call centre couldn't get hold of the technician or the manager and has left a message on his phone for him to contact me asap so I'm none the wiser on what's happening at the moment. l hope someone works on a Sunday. 

0 Kudos
Liamowen
Dialled in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello there,

The re-pull team arrived this morning after a phone call to the area manager was made again a 48 hour window was promised and this seems to be the case thank you very much for your help. I have been advised an accessibility & circumstances form will be sent out for me to fill in to apply for the 4 hour window in future cases. thank you very much once again for your help and time.

Kind regards

Liam Owen

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Liamowen,

Hope you don't mind me responding on behalf of Craig, as he is currently out of office.

Great to hear that this is being sorted for you.

I will make sure to pass your thanks on to Craig. Smiley Happy

Please let us know if there is anything more that we can help with.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Liamowen
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello there, 

The line was laid on the Monday by the re-pull team the re-pull team guy said you should be connected today it has today's date there on his tablet and asked if someone had already been (which they had not). He then said it should be today again but I have no date or time, I am still yet to have a visit to be contacted  (dig up the garden and connect the line) so I left it until mid-day Tuesday hoping to be informed of a date and time that they would arrive, I phoned yesterday for an update and the kind lady on the end forwarded an email to the manager reminding him of his 48-hour promise and said she would contact me if she gets a reply which I have had nothing as of yet.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update regarding this Liamowen,

I have chased this with the relevant team and they have left a voicemail for the area field manager to contact you ASAP regarding this. I have also ensured that another email will be sent to them.

Really very sorry for the lack of communication received with this.

I will ensure that this gets sorted for you.

I've sent you a private mail, to obtain the best contact number for the team to reach you on.

You can locate my message by clicking on the envelope icon, near the top right corner of the Community page.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos