Menu
ha-melmahey
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Retention Dept promised my discount for Talk Unlimited wouldn't change, but it did

Hi

I have been with Virginmedia through all their reincarnations of NTL & Cabletel for nearly 20yrs, but have been quite disappointed recently with ebilling problems, their charges and customer care so decided to look else where.

When I called to cancel my services I was put through to the Retention Dept who promised me much to try to keep me. One issue was that I wanted to keep my discounted Talk Unlimited service.  They offered me to downsize to Talk Evenings & Weekend but I refused on the basis I work from home so need to call during the day.  So I was lead to believe I would then be keeping my discounted original service.

I'll be honest and say when the contract came from VM I didn't really look at it until a while later when I got round to it and found the total discounts weren't as expected.  I contacted VM but just got an advisor that kept repeating I had 2 weeks to change the details and now that time was past.

Now I have to pay for my monthly daytime phone charges and the only thing they're offering is to upgrade me again, but for £3 a month for Talk Unlimited. On top of that I've still had the same issues with ebilling and erratic customer care e.g. having to call every month to make sure the correct amount is paid on my ebill & varied levels of customer advisors' knowledge to deal with. So feel like I have been taken for a bit of a ride, now I can not wait for the contract to end and to move on to trying another company who hopefully fulfils their promises.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retention Dept promised my discount for Talk Unlimited wouldn't change, but it did

were the later calls to retentions - if not you need to speak to them - there should be notes on your account from the original call to retentions - even though you have just set this up they may well be able to start again and get you a better deal

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
ha-melmahey
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retention Dept promised my discount for Talk Unlimited wouldn't change, but it did

Hi Tony, thanks for taking the time for the advice.

No the calls weren't to retention, as I didn't think there was much point since the advisors said it was in the notes I agreed to the down grade.  So it would just be my word against theirs.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

negotiate and talk to nobody but retentions - the rest imo are a waste of a call - just ring them and tell them what you want - see what deal they can offer - the fact you have agreed something matters not to them usually - they will always look for the best deal for you - if you dont like whats offered then leave it - you can ring back - a different agent may offer something better - even if you dont get anywhere ring back at another time - deals can and do change 

Tony
ha-melmahey
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's probably the advice I'd give myself Tony, if it wasn't to someone that feels abit too war weary over the whole matter after trying to talk to so many about it and loosing all confidence in VM.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I may be wrong, but I'm sure someone mentioned that VM's billing systems don't allow direct discounting of the phone services. They are static charges, so discounts can only be applied to the other parts of the package

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
ha-melmahey
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When was this from? As I have had discount from phone services before.

0 Kudos