Menu
Yarsir
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Retaining VM Landline Number - different area code

Hello, will be moving in to another area where VM is currently NOT covering, also a different area code.

My current VM number is realated to my small business from home - most of the time divering to my mobile. 

I'd like to know is there any way I can retain my number, even if it's just virtual LL number?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retaining VM Landline Number - different area code

The only way to retain an area STD code out of area is with an IP phone service that offers "virtual" geographic numbers. Sadly, I don't think you can transfer a number to these services. They have to be in a preset number range, possibly for anti-fraud purposes. There are several commercial companies that offer "virtual" geographic numbers, but they come at a cost.

https://www.telecomsworldplc.co.uk/home

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Jim166
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I think your best bet is to investigate the voip providers. I had my old business number transferred to sipgate a couple of years back. The number masks a number they provide and works flawlessly. My old number was with talktalk but in the end was ported from bt. It didn't cost much to do. I think to do it with them now you would have to be on their business plan, which I'm not, but as I say, I would check with the providers before giving up.

Yarsir
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies. I think my safest / most reliable option is to add a VM line to my parents property - within the same existing area code.

Will be on permanent divert to mobile. 

Anyone know the basic line cost/rate?

Edited to add, will I drop any calls whilst changing address? Could I technically leave on divert to my mobile through out the process? 

Thanks

0 Kudos