Menu
mikedhull
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Regular dead phone

My phone goes dead quite regularly. Every 8 weeks or so. The fault test indicates no problem. I book an engineer. The visit is booked for about 4 days later. On the day of the booked visit the phone comes live again (latest visit booked for today 19/4/16 and suddenly phone came live about 2pm) - no home visit so I presume the fault is in the network somewhere. There is never an explanation of what the problem was, an apology or suggestion of a refund (the line I think costs me about £17 a month). I suspect this message will just vanish into the ether and I will expect another dead phone some time in June.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Regular dead phone

Hi Mike

Good to speak to you again although I'm sorry for the circumstances in which we do so, my apologies for the inconvenience you're experiencing with your phone line recently and I'd like to do what I can to help.

Is your phone line dead at the moment? I'd like to contact the engineering team in your area prior to arranging for any action to be made so we're not repeating anything that's been tried before. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mikedhull
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Craig for your response.

As I said in my rant, my landline is now usable following 4 days of being un-usable. It came back yesterday which (coincidentally or not) was the day the engineer had been booked to come. I never had a visit or call from the engineer so I have no idea what the problem was. Obviously no problem at my end. This has been the same pattern as all my other phone breakdowns. Surely if there had been a network fault this would have been detected when I ran the fault checker on the virgin website. But when I ran it, despite my phone being dead it told me it could not find any faults!! That is when I arranged an engineer visit.

It is unacceptable that I am charged for line rental when my phone is disconnected from the network at fairly regular intervals through no fault of my own. Once or maybe twice ok, but not this frequently.

Mike

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I'm sorry again for the inconvenience you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment. 

I'll be contacting the team in your local area to see about ensuring that this issue doesn't crop up again, if that's within their control. If you notice your phone line go down again the future, let me know so I can take a look at escalating this for you too.

Sorry again for the inconvenience

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos