Menu
mikedhull
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Regular Dead landline

Once again my phone is dead. Last time was 4 weeks ago, and before that it happened regularly - about every 4 to 6 weeks. You will be able to see how regularly by looking at my posts. No problems posted on the status updates. So what do I do now. Ask for an engineers visit which no doubt, being a Saturday will be some time next week. I have been through all this so many times. The line suddenly reactivates about the time due for the engineers visit. But the engineer doesn't visit so I never know what the problem was. The last time I did spot a virgin engineer outside the house a day after his appointment date. He seemed a bit clueless but did say he had changed a board in the street cabinet so it shouldn't happen again!!!

Reading the posts I know I am not the only customer with this problem. Never had these outages with BT - or if I did they were not frequent and therefore not memorable.

So what options does a poor virgin customer have: Book the engineer and have a rant on the Community board. The rant makes me feel a bit better but am not sure if it does any good. Or I suppose leave at the end of the contract. Now that also makes me feel better.

garrybuild
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Regular Dead landline

same thing here, try to contact virgin by web chat and can never find a time when all operators are not busy, and they have the cheek to keep charging more for  a worse service, dont use the phone much so never really know how long the phone has been out of order for but still get charged for full month, really considering leaving virgin but how good are the alternatives??

redtcr2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to read about your troubles, but exactly the same here, intermittent issues with phone line and TV service dropping. Only been with Virgin since 22nd April, thank god it's a 12 month contact - definitely going back to BT next year.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there guys, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're all experiencing an issue with your phone lines at the moment. I'd like to help you out. 

I've run testing on all three telephone lines, and find no issues with Mikedhull and redtcr2's line - though with garrybuild's line I can see some issues which will require a technician. 

I'm sending you all a private message so that we can arrange a technician to call out and get things back up and running. 

Apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos